Foundation Wall Crack Repair
When the walls of your home start to crack, whether inside or outside, it’s more than an aesthetic issue; it’s most likely a structural problem. Wall cracks, especially those originating from settlement issues, don’t heal over time and require expert repair. Our RhinoLift Foundation & Crawl Space Repair team offers professional wall crack repair and mitigation services for home and business owners across the greater Charlotte area.
Why Addressing Wall Cracks is Crucial
Wall cracks are more than just an eyesore; they can be signs of serious foundational issues. Getting them the repairs they need will not only make your walls look better but also:
Ensure the structural stability of your home.
Safeguard and enhance your property’s financial and visual worth.
Further Damage Prevention
Mitigate the potential of evolving issues that can amplify repair needs and costs in the future.
What Causes Foundation Wall Cracks
Wall cracks, while straightforward, spring from a range of issues and have a variety of causes, which might involve:
- Foundation Settlement: Often, foundation settlement can cause wall cracks. Settlement can stem from initial construction on poorly compacted or unsuitable soils. These foundation issues usually appear as vertical or stair-step cracks, indicative of uneven settling.
- Hydrostatic Pressure: The soil surrounding your foundation can exert pressure on the walls when it becomes saturated with water. This hydrostatic pressure can push against the walls, causing them to crack, bow, or even shift inward, demanding immediate repairs like exterior waterproofing or drainage improvements for mitigation.
- Soil Movement: Soil movements below the foundation, such as expansion and contraction due to moisture variations or erosion, can destabilize the footing upon which your walls stand, leading to notable cracking.
- Improper Construction Techniques: The absence of appropriate construction techniques and materials can cause wall cracks. Weak or inappropriate materials or insufficient curing times during construction can cause weaknesses that create as wall cracks.
- Age and Natural Wear: With time, natural wear and the perpetual play of the elements can take a toll on your walls, instigating cracks.
Our Approaches to Wall Crack Repair
With the distinct causes and types of wall cracks, a variety of methods can be used for effective repair, including:
Utilizing piers to stabilize and lift the foundation, thereby mitigating the forces causing the wall cracks.
Deep Soil Injection
Stabilizing the soil beneath the foundation to prevent future movement and settlement.
Employing polyurethane or epoxy injections to seal cracks, ensuring they are water-tight and structurally secure.
Carbon Fiber Repair
Utilizing carbon fiber strips to stabilize and prevent further movement in interior wall cracks that can appear in your basement.
Yard grading and external waterproofing to manage external pressures from moisture that might exacerbate cracks.
Our Foundation Crack Repair Gallery
Choosing RhinoLift for Your Wall Crack Repair Needs in Charlotte and Surrounding Areas
Contact our team at RhinoLift Foundation & Crawl Space Repair by calling 888-758-3735 or fill out our online contact form by clicking the button below for a free foundation inspection.